Wow, it's been a while since I've done one of these! Also this skin is so damn cute I just had to do one..
So what's new? Well, sadly I can now shop on the internet which is VERY VERY dangerous for my wallet, but rather satisfying for the artist in me! (Oh, and the House freak. I went out and bought all 7 seasons. Eeeek!)
Finally ordered some art stuff I've been saving up for the other day (damn overseas brands cost so much extra D
, and it finally got here. Includes:
- Generals and Primo Charcoal pencils (omggg can't wait to use these babies)
- Some Bombay and W&N inks
- A couple of Copic Caio's and polychromos (le drool)
- A whole pad of Fabriano Disegno drawing paper and some random Bristol and Arches sheets.. which my cat has already tried to eat twice now.
- A handful of Albrecht Durer watercolour pencils, which I really have no idea how to use.
- MOAR ATELIER INTERACTIVES!!!!
If you use acrylics you NEED these. They stay working for so long and if you can get them on sale, they're really economical. BUY THEM!
Theres probably more too, but thats all I can see from my vantage point at my desk.
As a side note, I got rid of a crapload of my DA submissions. A lot of it was old crappy stuff from when I first joined here, so I'm down to just 31 deviations now! It's nice for me (and probably you) to not have to look at a lot of that stuff anymore
Expect less crap in your inboxes!
That aside, I've only really entered a couple of competitions this year. One of them is a HUGE NZ one. You get paid about $2500 a month to be an artist for a whole year! Lots of crap like Academic scholarships, University, working and exams to start worrying about too... don't expect very much art over the next few months unless I have a little 'rebellion' and just paint for a few days straight.
TL;DR : I bought stuff. I am a busy little bee. Go watch Hamish and Andy Euro Gap year. It will make you pee your pants.